I got this receipt from Savory Tooth and made a few adjustments. I was SUPER nervous about making this because I thought it was going to be really hard. But it’s really just tomato sauce, heavy cream, and spices. It’s so good!
*Marinade should be done for 24 hours so start that the night before*
• 1 head cauliflower florets (I cut some down if they seemed too big)
• 7 ounces of Greek yogurt (I bought regular yogurt because I wasn’t paying attention and it worked just fine)
• 1 TbspGaram Masala (spice found in international section and spice section)
• 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
• 1 tsp Black Pepper
• ¼ tsp Ground Ginger
• 1 cup plain canned tomato sauce
• 1 cup heavy whipping cream
• 5 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1 TbspGaram Masala
• ½ tsp paprika
• ½ tsp turmeric
• ½ tsp salt
• ¼ tsp cayenne
• In large bowl, stir together yogurt, garam masala, lemon juice, pepper, and ground ginger until combined.
• Toss cauliflower florets in bowl with marinade until well-coated. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
• Preheat oven to 400
• Prepare a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper. Add marinated cauliflower florets to baking sheet, spreading out in single layer as best you can. Reserve any leftover marinade.
• Bake for 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender and the marinade looks dry.
• In large pot, add and stir all of the sauce ingredients and any leftover marinade. Bring to a simmer.
• Simmer until sauce thickens and reduces by one-fourth (about 10 minutes) stirring frequently.
• When cauliflower is done, add to sauce and stir to coat.
• Serve while hot!
I served it over cauliflower rice (I know, lots of cauliflower) but it was so delicious. Regular rice would great too!
While this is vegetarian, it is also fairly low carb:
400 Calories per serving (serves 4 people)