Hey y’all! Sorry for the late post – it’s been a busy week. I found this recipe from Tasty and it’s a new fave! The first time I did it without avocado because I didn’t have any and it was too vinegar-y. So make sure to have the fat from the avos in there!
The original recipe is added above but I made some changes based on preference.
for 4 servings
- 20 brussels sprouts, shaved
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- Cook bacon to however you like it.
- Slice the stems off the Brussels sprouts and cut each one in half, then thinly slice. Transfer the shaved sprouts to a medium bowl and break apart with your hands.
- side note – I tried to use a mandolin for this and 100% cut my thumb. So be careful!
- To prepare the vinaigrette, pour lemon juice into a mason jar (or bowl). You can use lemons but I ain’t got time for that so I used the pre-juiced juice.
- Add the mustard, oregano, pepper, and salt.
- If you are using a jar, add the olive oil, put jar lid on and shake! If you are using a bowl, slowly add the olive oil while continuing to whisk until evenly blended.
- Slice the avocado and remove the pit, then dice.
- Dice onion.
- In a large bowl, combine the Brussels sprouts, avocado, bacon, and onions.
- Pour the dressing evenly over the salad.
- Toss thoroughly until well mixed.
It is a little carb-y from the brussels but it’s fine 🙂
|Amount per serving|
|Total Fat 21.9g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 5.4g||27%|
|Total Carbohydrate 15.6g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.1g||29%|
|Total Sugars 2.6g|