Happy Thursday! I hope you are doing well and staying safe. It’s been a minute but I am back with a good chili recipe. This is keto friendly (no beans) but is a very good chili recipe with some interesting optional ingredients. Check out the original recipe here or down below.
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Large Onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 Cloves
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1-2 tsp ground cumin
- 1-2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground oregano
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder, optional
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 8-oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup beer, optional (gluten free or low carb beer)
- 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee, optional
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and cook until it begins to brown (about 8 minutes).
- Add ground beef, cloves, and a large pinch of salt. Cook until meat begins to brown. Add in all spices and cook for a few more minutes.
- Note – if there is too much oil or grease from the meat left, drain it out. My first batch had way too much fat in it from the combo of oil and grease from the beef. You’ll have an oily chili if you don’t.
- Add tomatoes and cook over medium heat until simmer.
- Add in beef broth, beer, and coffee and lower heat to low. Cook an additional 15 minutes.
I added in the beer and the coffee. One idea someone gave me was to do a coffee stout beer which would combine both coffee and beer in one which sounds good. I don’t know if the beer and coffee actually did anything but I didn’t taste it which is also good, right?
I served this with some cheese and cauliflower rice and it was scrumptious. Let me know what you think!