Happy Wednesday and National Chocolate Cake Day! I found this recipe on Taste of Kosher and made some tweaks but oh my gosh, is it good. I brought the cake to work and it was a hit! Check out the recipe below!
Dairy Free Chocolate Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- ½ cup sugar substitute (I used Swerve)
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cup black coffee, freshly brewed (cool to room temp)
- ½ cup oil (I did a mix of canola and coconut because that’s all I had)
- 2 large eggs (room temp)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, add in coffee, oil, eggs, and vanilla and whisk together.
- Add wet mix to dry mix and combine until smooth. This will be a very runny and thin batter.
- Line the bottom of two 9-inch round cake pans with parchment paper and oil. Distribute the cake batter evenly between the two pans.
- Wrap a wet baking strip around each pan for flatter cakes, if desired. (I skipped this part and it didn’t dome very much).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of the pans to release from the side. Remove the cake from the pan and cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Use a serrated knife to level cakes.
You can frost with the dairy free chocolate frosting recipe here or your favorite icing/frosting.